Thursday, January 11, 2007

Fluent Sudani and the Sudanese flag

Sudanese blogger Fluent Sudani published this article in his blog on January 4th that I find revolting, I must admit.

SD Flag restoration

Multiple Sudani forums discussed the issue of our homeland flag. Some say it exculdes presence of southern Christians. I am profound with the current flag because it's history that ties it. Ta'aysha patriots kicked out the Brit. colonists out of our land, gained us indepedence.

Yes, I recognize southern Sudanese and respect them, but they simply were not a part of country's rebelion. We come to an end in wasteful seconds, change remarkable exhortions or our fathers! I refrain from imaging this thought.

Each color has a fascinating meaning.

Red represents bloodshed of patriots. Green represents land color. White represents soul purity. Black represents independence struggle.

Nonetheless, I have an alternative flag module I attached to this entry below. The only change is "La Illah ila Allah, Muhamadon rasool Allah" defined as: there is no God but Allah and Muhammed (pbuh) is his last prophet.


I believe in freedom of speech and each person is entitled to his ideas and dreams. I am one of those who believed that the Sudanese flag is unrepresentative of the people. Flags, like national anthems should reflect the multi-ethnic and multi-religious identity of the country.

But first his claims that south Sudanese were not part of the rebelion that kick the colonialist is utter nonesense. South Sudanese have resisted for a long time and many died fighting the British occupiers. The Shilluk Kingdom with its powerful Reth stands to witness to this.

What happened, and is happening in the Sudan today is the fabrication of history by the bunch of NIF croonies in the government. The history books being thought now inludes a chapter entitle "the entry of people in the Sudan". When I was studying history, that very chapter was entitle "the entry of the Arabs to Sudan". This is an example of the fabrication going on. References to other cultures, languages and believes are being erased. You can never erased the history of the ancient Christian Kingdoms in northern Sudan.

What alarms me most is the sentiment being carried in the article. Fluent Sudani seems to think other people don't count in the country. Denying the existence and contribution of the whole Sudanese people is tantamount to suicide. When a bunch of arabs claim the whole country to themselves, what will the rest of the people do? Forget about religion: have you asked yourself why there was war in the south and the east, and the current war in west?

I thought such ideas were left in the 20th century. When I am not represented in the running of my country, what options do I have? You can play around with the flag, adding whatever you want. Keep it, but give me back the name, for Sudan belongs to the blacks.

And Fluent Sudani, I see that you have removed my blog from your "Fellow Sudanese Bloggers"... Are you in anyway saying I am not Sudanese?

15 comments:

Daana Lost in Translation said...

hello black kush,

this is my first visit 2 ur blog since I am new in the blogsphere and I am slowly discovering sudanese bloggers...I already left a comment in fluent sudani's post about the flag...I agree with him that we don't need to change the flag...but I don't agree with him that the "other" ethnicities if we may call it that in sudan haven't contributed much because they truly have. Anyways...my point about not changing the flag is if we look at the symbolism in the colors of the flag (and I mean just utterly the symbolism of the colors apart from the point that most people are using that the flag resembles the colors of other arab countries) these colors represent universal human themes and ideas. The colors of the flag and what they represent do not just belong to arabs they hold a deeper meaning that all of us sudanese can relate to regardless of our background. W ba3dain yakhi our country has many more complicated problems that we need to worry about instead of changing the flag at this time. Another point I want to mention mr. Kush is that at this point we should try to overcome the animosities that were created and deepened between the sudanse ppl during colonial times...unfortunately sudan is one place that the concept of divide and conquer is still affecting the people to this day. One last point bro...all sudanese ppl including northerners have suffered from government negligence. The governments have concentrated only on the capital and the rest of sudan was left in ruins, and of course there are the occassional thieves like Nemairi and the current Al bashir (and both of these were northerners mind u). I know I talked a lot but i was hoping to build a bridge between me and u as a fellow sudanese blogger..keep up the good work and don't get mad get glad :)

Black Kush said...

Daana, thanks for dropping by. I just felt I should respond when facts are misrepresented. I am more open and tolerant. When quotes appear that we have no contribution and don't count, I feel it is my duty to correct that.

If you read articles on my blog, you will see that I have never taken sides most of the time, but put arguements as I see them. I am mirroring the sentiments on all sides.

I agree we have more than the flag to worry about.

No hard feelings, sister. I am just being too passionate about my country... and maybe I over-reacted?

Thanks for dropping by...

Mimz said...

BK,

There are two things in life that, be certain, if God takes them away from you then you have nothing left that counts in your life.

1) Jealousy & passion for your religion
2) Jealousy & passion for your country.

Drima said...

BK, you did NOT overreact. I was disturbed by Fluent Sudani's post and utterly disgusted by his comment in the same post.

In fact I was going to blog about this just NOW but then saw it here on your blog first. I also left a comment on Fluent Sudani's post but he still didn't approve it. I'm not sure he will. I was quite pissed off.

Anyways bro. You did NOT overreact. My loyalty is to my country... all of it and from what I've seen here on your blog, I'm sure you're not one of those angry southerners who keep bashing Muslims or northerners. You're a very reasonable guy and your reaction to Fluent Sudani's post is understandable. After all, I myself found it offensive.

Fluent-Sudani said...

The reason I took you off my affiliation URL list is because we disagree on a lot of subjects. Amir or SudaneseThinker, I do not respect simply for the reason that he does not know how to carry a conversation in a civil manner, I observed in Shamarat and comments like the one above.

Back to what you presumed about me, FS does not deny existence of southern Sudanese, you can check my reply on my blog flag entry as well. I personally do not see any differece whether you are from north or south of Sudan, at last we're all Sudanese.

Drima said...

"SudaneseThinker, I do not respect simply for the reason that he does not know how to carry a conversation in a civil manner, I observed in Shamarat and comments like the one above."

LOL. Asma3ni ya walad ya zareef inta... I only bother having a civil discussion with those who actually can and I only respect those worthy of respect. Tamam? As for Shamarat, dig in all you can ya zareef. I've had pleasant discussions with *every single* individual there except for you.

You can continue pretending to be the "self-righteous", "pious" person you try to be if it makes you happy though.

BTW I forgot something... indeed Copts didn't achieve anything for Sudan. Yup sure thing. They're all just a bunch of retards aren't they Fluent Sudani?

Thanks for all the laughs ;)

Black Kush said...

It is fair to say you are not open to discussions on issues you don't agree on. How sad. You may say something but act differently.

Suits you dude. Although we are in a disagreement, I will keep you on my links, if only to prove people like you exist.

Anonymous said...

Black Kush,

isn't FS, who is speaking for a large constituency, providing just another reason for voting Southern separation and independence when the time has come?

John (Uganda)

Black Kush said...

John, I left a comment in FS blog with the exact words. He should know better!

Anonymous said...

Warm welcome to Alnemat TheGrace Arabic Christian Internet Magazine, We love you! Please visit us at:

http://www.TheGrace.net

http://www.TheGrace.org
http://www.TheGrace.com
نتمنى لكم الفرح والسلام والمحبة لأن السلام افضل من الحرب والمحبة افضل من الكراهية كما ان النور أفضل من الظلمة
سلام لكم في محبة الله.نتأمل زياراتكم الكريمة لموقع النعمة موقع مجلة النعمة يقدم كلمة الله الكتاب المقدس الإنجيل رسالة السيد يسوع المسيح قراءات مختارة مواضيع مصيرية قصص واقعية شهادات شخصية ترانيم ممتازة ردود مؤكدة كتب بنّاءة رسوم تسالي تأملات يوميات
Bible in Arabic Audio Read search Studys Stories Testimonies Hymns and Poems Answers Books Links Daily devotions Acappella Music Graphics /Alnemat Journal Arabe Chrétien La Grâce la Revue Arabe sur Internet offre La Sainte Bible Al-Injil L'Evangile de Jésus Christ gratuit, Bienvenue a La Grâce.
Arabic Christian Magazine The Grace offering the Arabic Bible النعمة تقدم الإنجيل الكتاب المقدس

Kizzie said...

OK!..I was offended by this post too!
Lets not think of ourselves as northerns,southerns,christians and muslims. We are all SUDANESE!

"You can never erased the history of the ancient Christian Kingdoms in northern Sudan."
ofcourse! Kush was actually a christian kingdom infact it took hundreds of years for them to convert.

"When a bunch of arabs claim the whole country to themselves, what will the rest of the people do?"

Arabs as a minority. If we are talking about pure arabs then we are talking about "Rashidya". Rashidya is a tribe in Eastern Sudan not northern Sudan. Most if not all the Northern sudanese are black africans (Nubians) or afroarabians( a mix of both).

Anonymous said...

童裝批發
童裝
童裝
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店小姐
酒店兼職
禮服店
酒店經紀
酒店兼差
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店現領
酒店經紀爆米花
酒店經紀
酒店打工
酒店上班
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
童裝批發
酒店pt
酒店pt
酒店應酬
粉味

酒店經紀ㄚ君姐姐 said...

酒店經紀菲梵, 酒店經紀~free fun~, 酒店經紀, 酒店經紀, 酒店上班, 酒店上班, 酒店小姐, 酒店小姐, 酒店工作, 酒店工作, 酒店打工, 酒店打工, 酒店兼差, 酒店兼差, 酒店兼職, 酒店兼職, 經紀人, 經紀人, 禮服店, 禮服店, 便服店, 便服店,

酒店上班請找艾葳 said...

艾葳酒店經紀公司提供專業的酒店經紀, 酒店上班小姐,八大行業,酒店兼職,傳播妹,或者想要打工兼差打工,兼差,八大行業,酒店兼職,想去酒店上班, 日式酒店,制服酒店,ktv酒店,禮服店,整天穿得水水漂漂的,還是想去制服店日領上班小姐,水水們如果想要擁有打工工作、晚上兼差工作兼差打工假日兼職兼職工作酒店兼差兼差打工兼差日領工作晚上兼差工作酒店工作酒店上班酒店打工兼職兼差兼差工作酒店上班等,想了解酒店相關工作特種行業內容,想兼職工作日領假日兼職兼差打工、或晚班兼職想擁有鋼琴酒吧又有保障的工作嗎???又可以現領請找專業又有保障的艾葳酒店經紀公司!

艾葳酒店經紀是合法的公司工作環境高雅時尚,無業績壓力,無脫秀無喝酒壓力,高層次會員制客源,工作輕鬆,可日領現領
一般的酒店經紀只會在水水們第一次上班和領薪水時出現而已,對水水們的上班安全一點保障都沒有!艾葳酒店經紀公司的水水們上班時全程媽咪作陪,不需擔心!只提供最優質的酒店上班,酒店上班,酒店打工環境、上班條件給水水們。心動嗎!? 趕快來填寫你的酒店上班履歷表

水水們妳有缺現領、有兼職缺錢便服店的煩腦嗎?想到日本留學缺錢嗎?妳是傳播妹??想要擁有高時薪又輕鬆的賺錢,酒店和,假日打工,假日兼職賺錢的機會嗎??想實現夢想卻又缺錢沒錢嗎!??
艾葳酒店台北酒店經紀招兵買馬!!徵專業的酒店打工,想要去酒店的水水,想要短期日領,酒店日領,禮服酒店,制服店,酒店經紀,ktv酒店,便服店,酒店工作,禮服店,酒店小姐,酒店經紀人,
等相關服務 幫您快速的實現您的夢想~!!

Anonymous said...

1
秋天賞楓何處去酒店經紀,安排韓國旅遊有獨到心得的寶馬旅行社表示 酒店打工,秋遊韓國的重點就是美食、溫泉、還有雪嶽山美麗秋景。位於江原道 酒店兼差束草、襄陽、麟蹄一帶的雪嶽山,是韓國最早楓葉轉紅的地方,也由於雪嶽山一年四季都有奇岩絕璧 酒店兼職、溪谷瀑布等美景,吸引了許多觀光客前來旅遊。一到 酒店工作秋天,以雪嶽山的最高峰~大青峰酒店上班
(1,708公尺)為首,雪嶽山各主要登山路線沿途的楓葉把山染 酒店上班成一片紅色的圖畫,美不勝收。


標榜「全程無自費」,相當受旅客歡 寒假打工迎,而且價格相當平易近人,只要14500元即可成行。另外還有全程五星酒店、海陸空版的「戀戀秋濟^海陸空濟州4日」 暑假打工,同樣獨家全程無自費!緊張刺激360度噴射快艇(價值韓幣25000元)、飛天熱氣球(價值韓幣25000元) 酒店PT、海水溫泉汗蒸幕(價值韓幣8000元) 禮服酒店等,海、陸、空讓您玩的盡興也只要13900元!現在就去體驗韓國秋天的美景吧~


驚險摩托車秀HAPPY TOWN 兼差價值韓幣12000元):表演者以機車為主,靈活的玩弄, 打工全世界只有兩組特技人員能做的高難度表演,在一個小時的演出中還有空中飛人﹑民俗雜技和大車輪 台北酒店經紀等表演,保證讓您大呼過隱,不虛此行喝酒 特技令人嘖嘖稱奇。而享譽全球的國寶級亂打秀(價值韓幣45000元),是韓國人獨創的敲擊樂表演,故事的場景是發生在廚房中,因此所謂的樂器就是就地以鍋碗等廚房交際應酬 用具敲 打出澎湃的節奏。在沒有冷場的過程裡,不需要語言您就可以清楚知道劇情粉味的發展,台上演員還會與台下觀眾互動演出,整場歡笑不斷。酒店工作



去過的旅客都津津樂道的酒店喝酒韓文化生活體驗營」,讓您親手體驗泡菜製作,穿著傳統韓服更能體驗韓國婦女的優雅!另外,精緻好吃的韓國美食當然也不能 酒店不嚐:鮑魚太極人蔘雞、長壽麵、、黑毛豬烤肉、還有獨家特色餐「?花魚定食+五花肉+鐵板馬肉+?料」「生猛海鮮大餐」等等讓人食指大動。酒店經紀酒店經紀酒店兼差酒店打工酒店上班酒店經紀酒店小姐酒店打工酒店兼差 酒店工作 彩妝酒店經紀酒店酒店領檯 酒店公關酒店小姐 酒店兼差